After registering the domain, setting up the hosting and getting your website on the air,
it’s time to have some content in.
In this video I’m showing you the basics of content publishing in WordPress.
Check below the video for more resources…
Here we’ll add placeholders for the basic content of your website, or actual content – if you already have it at hand.
Go to Pages on the left sidebar and click the Add New button at the top to add a new page.
Once you’ve added the title and content, hit the Publish button to make the page go live on your website.
Add the following pages:
- Home page – I recommend calling it by the name of your business or your website
- About Us – name it exactly that, to give visitors and Google alike a sense of professionalism
- Contact Us – also name it that. Put your contact information (any way you want people to be able to contact you by). In a later video, I’ll show you how to add a contact form here
In the WordPress terminology, an article is called a post, and it is placed (hierarchy wise) under a category, or several categories.
- Go to Posts on the left sidebar and click the Add New button at the top to add a new post.
- Give your article a relevant title
- Check whichever category or categories are relevant to your article
- Hit the Publish button to make the post go live under that category
In one of the following videos I’ll show you how to add images, videos and embedded content to your posts and pages. For now, we just want enough content to be able to use this content when we come to choose our theme for the website.