Get your WordPress settings in check.
In this video tutorial I’m going through the steps to configure your WP site with you.
Follow suit to get all your configurations in the right settings and order.
Check below the video for more resources…
Here are the Settings pages we go over, and the recommended settings for them:
- Site Title – your site’s name
- Tagline – a slogan or initial marketing message
- WordPress Address (URL), Site Address (URL) – these should be the same, containing the address of your site.
- E-mail Address – your email address, that you’ve set in the setup of the site
- Date Format
- Time Format
- Week Starts On
- Default category – this is really the only setting relevant here.
- Front page displays – select what’s shown on your front page
- Blog pages show at most – select how many posts will show on an archive (category/tag/calendar archive) per page.
- Search Engine Visibility – DO NOT CHECK this box. Checking this box will prevent search engines from showing your site in their results.
You can set image sizes here, but I recommend you leave these settings as they are.
- Uncheck the Crop thumbnail… option beneath the Thumbnail size.
- Choose Custom Structure with the structure: /%category%/%postname%/ which will show the category name and the post name (http://www.bizimagewebsite.com/creating-a-website/first-step-in-creating-a-website/)
- Alternatively, you can use the year + post name structure: /%year%/%postname%/ (http://www.bizimagewebsite.com/2016/first-step-in-creating-a-website/)